New District Centre - up to 1,000 new jobs and investment to create a better environment
The regeneration of Great Homer Street will create:
- A new district centre, replacing the existing, failed, local centre
- Liverpool’s largest food store, Sainsbury's
- 80,000 sq ft of new shops (small , medium and large units)
- New market facilities, indoor and outdoor to be provided at Dryden Street
- New homes
- Huge improvements to the local environment
- A site for a new health centre
- 900 free car parking spaces and a petrol filling station
- Links to Everton Park where further exciting proposals are being drawn up by Liverpool City Council
The new state-of-the-art school, Notre Dame Catholic College, opened in September 2013.
St. Modwen, working in partnership with Liverpool City Council, aims to start on the first phase in 2014. This includes preparatory work for the Sainsbury’s foodstore, new shops, public spaces and highways works.